Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fourth of July Chipboard container

I purchased a $1 Chipboard Container from Target in their little $1 section in the front of the store, it's always filled with craft ideas and fun little things for the kids. I took my Crafty Little Designs Spiral Flower die and Flower Border die, and some flag like themed cardboard paper.
I discovered that using a cardboard like card stock, does not allow the die to emboss it.
On the side of the chipboard container, I lined the borders along the top and bottom. The great thing about this border is that even if you trim it or just connect different strips together, it always works and matches nicely. I glued the three different Spiral Flowers along the center, adding a little jewel to add some extra flair.
On the sides of the container I put the three different papers on top of each other to create a different effect. As with the border, I wrapped a full length of the border from the front and back around the corners to the sides. I then clipped the border in a different color to match up nicely along the top. As for the bottom border, I clipped them on the stems, rather than the swirls, still having them match up with the next border.
This is a nice little craft to make for a napkin holder for your 4th of July BBQ, or make a different one for each utensil, fork, spoon and knives.

No comments:

Post a Comment