Wednesday, May 22, 2013

About Me.

Tiffany Wallace - Owner and Designer
http://www.craftylittledesigns.com
Hi. I am a wife and mother of three children. I have a Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh - Online. Art and crafts have always been a part of my life. My mother, an artist herself, has always shown be great ways to make art apart of my life and to see art even in the most unlikely places. Now, with this business, I am showing her some great ways to use stamps and metal dies.
I stumbled upon paper crafting recently when I found a job at PMA Photometals/Dies Direct/Cheery Lynn Designs (all one company but three) here in Phoenix, AZ. I have always loved math and learning to take my designs but keep it with parameters where every line has to be a certain width apart and each corner a certain degree of roundness, made me feel like this is what I was looking for.
Dies are an awesome thing; I never knew they existed until I started creating them at work. I love the possibilities you can do with them. When I play with a new die, the possibilities of things to do with them just start whirling in my mind. Metal dies can also cut felt and fabric, they can take you beyond paper and be used to make your daughter a beautiful headband or use the cuts to add design to your quilt or apron. With paper you can take the die cuts and create wall pieces, mobiles, and cards, decorate an Easter egg, a memory box, scrapbooking and so much more. Quilling is also a new craft I have picked up on and I am having lots of fun rolling up and shaping and gluing my creations together.
I enjoy crafting with girlfriends and my children. As of now, while my business is still growing, the women in my family are my design team. As the business grows, I will eventually turn my stamps from clear polymer stamps (red tinted, but clear) to the clear acrylic stamps that you more often see in stores. When I make this transition, I will still be able to offer custom stamps in the clear polymer stamps.
I still currently work full time while trying to make Crafty Little Designs successful. My third child is due to be born July 1st 2013. I want to be able to better provide my family as well as spend more time with them. I thank each and every one of you that is helping my lifelong dream of having my own business come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment