Thursday, February 5, 2015

Starting a new life with my family.

Hi everyone. I have been very busy. We have done the unthinkable, the unimaginable and have made it work. Everyone thought we were crazy. What did we do? We dropped everything and moved with with very little money. We packed up our three children, what we could fit on our 21 foot re-purposed boat trailer, in our Jeep Cherokee and in our Scion XB. We sold some stuff and packed up the rest in my mother in laws garage. We left Phoenix, AZ to pursue a better, small town life and a more relaxed life in Oregon. It started mid December 2014 and here we are in the beginning of February and I should start work next week. We have made permanent residence in Reedsport, Oregon. The kids are so much happier and so are we.

First craft project was to make something to decorate these brick walls. I have seen many blogs that use books for craft pages. I really like this, however, I don't want to rip up one of the few books that actually got to bring here. Ironically, the very next day, I went to the laundromat and found a Christian story book lying there, left to inspire someone. Perfect, I thought, just perfect, inspirational and meaningful, this would be great. Right away I started twirling the pages into cones and created two big flowers for the wall. Thinking about doing a third.




No comments:

Post a Comment