Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My favorites

Let me tell you a little bit about my favorite things.
Besides my wonderful supportive husband and my three courageous proud and adorable children. My favorite people are Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, Cray Grant and Doris Day. There just is something about them, how they are in movies, how they posed for a picture, how they lived. I just love it, and wish I grew up in those times too.
My favorite art period, is Baroque and Art Nouveau. I love the architecture, the events in history and those wonderful stained glass windows of the Baroque Period. In Art Nouveau, I love it all, especially the interior design of the time period where outside meets inside.
Oddly enough my favorite artist wasn't from any of these time periods. The Renaissance painter Titian is my favorite artist by far. I love how he painted as he saw it. Detailed up close and blurry far away. He took the risk to draw differently and used the boldest colors of the time. My two favorite are the Assumption of the Virgin and Sacred and Profane Love.
This why you might see my art being realistic, bold, Gothic, old fashioned, retro, classic and full of nature. I am a Graphic Designer, but I consider my self an Illustrator foremost and a crafter second.

No comments:

Post a Comment